This course, for New Entrant - Year 8 and ECE teachers, will explore creative ways to engage children in a rich variety of language learning using drama. Download flyer from 'Resources' tab.
02Oct3 days, Wed 8:30 AM - Fri 3:30 PMRegistrations close 6 September 2019
- $380.00 incl. GST
Drama draws on children's experience, their culture, their whānau, and their love of exploration and play. It is a text rich learning area that brings together multiple literacies and modern learning practices. Research shows drama boosts literacy including writing.
At this course there will be opportunities to learn about:
- developing strategies to improve children's listening, speaking and social learning;
- using drama processes to support literacy learning;
- fostering whakamana and capability to learn;
- stimulating children's creativity and love of story'
- challenging children to ask questions and think critically about hte world around them;
- the experience of drama as an active way of learning;
- extending children's natural artistry and imaginative play.
Dates: 2-4 October 2019
Venue: Kelburn Normal School, Kelburn, Wellington
Planning Committee: Charles Bisley (Course Director), Danielle Sanders, Judy Norton, Juliet Cottrell
Registration includes catering during course time and a course dinner on Thursday 3 October 2019.
Venue: CQ Hotel Wellington
Accommodation includes breakfast for 3 and 4 October 2019.
Secured on-site car parking is available at CQ Hotels Wellington (subject to availability).
Access to the CQ car park is via Dunlop Terrace (off Vivian Street).
Overnight car parking costs $30.00 and day parking is $15.00.
When you arrive at the hotel, please park in the clearly marked 10 minute temporary hotel parking on Dunlop Terrace and come into reception to receive your key card to access the car park.
There is also paid street car parking available outside the hotel on both Dunlop Terrace and also on Cuba Street - this is subject to time limits per Wellington City Council guidelines.