Culturally Responsive Pedagogy: What does this mean? How will my teaching style change? How does all this link to the key documents? Why do I need to work smarter not harder? Download flyer from 'Resources' tab Course Director: Dr James Graham; Team: Prof. Angus Macfarlane, Assoc. Prof. Sonja Macfarlane, Makayla Hewlett, Marie Gibson, Tracy Hopewell, Lyndon Greening.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
At this course there will be opportunities to grow your capability to:
- Demystify how the curriculum documents reflect cultural responsiveness;
- Evaluate and defend the meanings of practice-based evidence, particularly as it applies to cultural settings;
- Apply critical thinking to culturally responsive practices;
- Position practices, policies and contentions of culturally diverse imperatives;
- that co-exist within and alongside a range of theoretical exemplars;
- Link the six new standards for the teaching profession to learning outcomes;
- and evidence for your portfolio.
Registration includes catering during course time and a course dinner on Tuesday 16 April 2019.
Travel subsidy is no longer available.